“Moringa? What exactly is it?” These were my first words to a friend who had started Processing and Production of Moringa Powder. Turns out I’ve eating and loving it since my first grade. “Shevgaa yaar Shala.” That’s what he replied. I hit my palm on my head. How dumb of me. But seriously I had never heard that word in my entire life. But now that I knew, I desperately wanted to know why he’d started production of moringa powder. I wanted to know all the Benefits of Moringa Powder. After a good half an hour of explanation, I wanted to try it as early as possible and see the results for myself.
BENEFITS OF MORINGA POWDER
- Moringa Leaf Powder helps in strengthening our Immune System.
- Useful against Diabetes.
- Protects our Cardiovascular System.
- Detoxifies our body.
- Helps in Balancing our Hormones.
- Lowers Cholesterol levels and Control Blood Pressure.
- Protects the liver.
- Natural remedy for Insomnia.
- Reduces Inflammation in the body.
- Has Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal properties.
- Aids in Keratin Formation.
- Stimulates hair growth.
- Treats depression.
WHAT DOES IT TASTE LIKE
Moringa has a green, earthy taste – similar to spinach or matcha green tea. It is delicious mixed into food or drinks.
MORINGA CHUTNEY RECIPE
1 cup of moringa flowers (Sahjan)
2 sprigs of green garlic
2 stalk curry leaves
½ inch ginger
3 green chillies
1 tablespoon roasted chana dal
2 tablespoons beaten curd
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon water
1. When using moringa flowers, do not discard the tiny buds. Boil some water in a vessel and add salt. When the water comes to a boil, add the flowers and cook till tender. Drain the water. Then wash the flowers in fresh water. Keep it in a strainer and allow it to cool. This process will take the bitterness out of the flowers.
2. Chop off the roots of green garlic sprigs, chop garlic and greens roughly.
3. Grind together cooked moringa flowers, curry leaves, garlic with greens, ginger, green chillies, roasted chana dal and salt to taste.
4. Pour into a dish, add the beaten curd and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a small pan, crackle sesame seeds and mustard seeds and then add water. Pour this sizzling tadka on moringa flower chutney.
6. Serve this chutney with any snack or as an accompaniment to meals.
Did this article help you? Thinking of starting consumption of Moringa Powder? Do comment and we’ll get back to you.