Whether it is your first trip or whether you’re an accustomed traveler, It’s always good to have a rundown list of travel essentials with you so that you don’t miss out on any important thing. Being a careless person, there’s always a possibility of me forgetting to pack the most basic things like shampoo, or even sunglasses. So I always make a list of essentials required during the complete trip. As I pack them, I keep crossing it off from the list.
SO here are is my Ultimate Travel packing list that I would like to share with all of you, just to make packing a little bit easier.
TRAVEL PACKING LIST
This completely depends on where you’ll be holidaying. But here are the most basics that you need to pack for a non-troublesome travel.
1. T-shirts and tops
2. Jeans/ Shorts ( For a 5-6 day travel, I prefer to keep a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts, and 2 t-shirts/tops for each day)
6. Underwear ( a pair for each day, and 3 extra pairs)
7. Dresses/skirts ( Personally, I don’t feel comfortable wearing skirts, so I keep 2 dresses with me. I prefer t-shirt- shorts combination. COMFORT OVER FASHION ANY DAY!)
No matter where you go, these things are going to remain a constant. It is better to have everything packed up properly. Even the facewash you are carrying could spill in the entire suitcase. You shouldn’t simply drop them in your suitcase, but have a toiletry bag which serves the purpose of keeping toiletries safe and unopened.
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Dental Floss, Mouthwash (Also, keep a toothbrush holder)
- Bath Soap/Body wash ( I prefer using body wash as it is easier to carry, and there is no difficulty in storing it after use as is the case with soap)
- Cloth Soap (Only if you’re going to stay at one place for a minimum of two days; otherwise the washed clothes won’t dry. Hotels do provide laundry service for an extra charge. But for budget travelers, it is best to carry a cloth soap)
- Deodorant/Perfumes/Body Mist
- Hairbrush/Comb, Hair ties, Bobby pins
- Shampoo, Conditioner, serum, straightener, hair dryer (I prefer to keep only shampoo and conditioner.Easy and light.)
- Sunscreen, Face and Body Lotion
- Makeup essentials like foundation, primer, kajal, eye-liner, mascara, lipsticks, lip liner, etc. (I am not much of a foundation and primer kind of girl. I prefer to keep only kajal, lip balm and lipstick. Easy and on-the-go.)
- Face wash and makeup remover.
- Personal hygiene items (eg. V Wash, Period pads, tampons,etc. for ladies, shaving kit for boys)
- Travel towel
- First-aid kit (bandage, gauze, cotton, dettol, etc)
- Personal prescription (keep xerox copies)
- Medicines specific to the region
- Pain and fever reliever
- Allergy medicines
- Diarrhea/ Laxatives
- Medicine for cold and throat infections
- Sunburn relief
- Mosquito repellants
- Any tablet prescribed by the doctor
- Hand sanitizer, wet wipes
Be it a short trip or a longer one, I prefer to carry all the above tablets, just in case of an emergency.
4. PERSONAL ITEMS CARRY-ON BAG
This is one bag that I carry wherever and whenever I am traveling. Be it for a day or a week, this bag is always a constant. In it, I keep the things that I require most often during traveling; a bag that’s easy to access so you don’t have to get into your luggage each time you need your eye mask. But remember, you’ll be carrying all of this, so keep it light.
- A pair of clothes ( Pajamas and a matching t-shirt would be best)
- Mobile and Charger
- Journal and a pen (I love to doodle, read and write. So this is my best companion)
- Novel or a book to read (I never miss out on this. Even I am not reading, I will always have a book in my bag)
- A deck of cards
- Lip balm and kajal pencil (I look unwell without kajal in my eyes. It’s just an essential)
- Inflatable travel pillow (It’s good to keep this pillow if you love to get sleep during your travel.)
- A water bottle
- Passport, Personal ID card, credit/debit cards, transportation tickets, a copy of everything in case you lose your wallet (It’s better to keep everything organized in a proper holder.)
Don’t forget to keep extra footwear depending on the place you’ll be going. It is better to keep them in a different shoebag.
S this is my ultimate travel packing list. Have I missed anything that you always carry for easy travel? DO share with us in the comments section below. We would love to add it in our list.